Tuesday 25 April 2017

Evaluating my production-work Assignment 2


1) I used action film posters to inspire me with my conventions of my poster and with the design, from what I have seen I concluded that many action posters include a central image with the main character and some sort of weapon in order to attract the desired target audience into interest with their film. I have clearly applied that trait into my film poster and applied a fake weapon into my hand via photoshop. I had decided to have a very masculine and testosterone boosted posture in order to seem like the typical hero of a hollywood action movie. The tag line was extremely well thought of as it is catchy and makes the audience question if authority can be trusted. When inserting the release date into the poster I decided to use military terminology in order to gain attention of the target audience who would most likely aspire or loved to be in a military/intelligence force. Finally, I included an age rating and made it 15 as most films in this genre is around 15 and gory violence is not included.

2) The genre of this film is Action/Crime/Thriller, the target audience would easily be able to distinguish this poster as associated with the genre. This is very identifiable as the typography associated with the genre very easily, the punchline , title and release date typography is associated with the urban thriller genre. The tag line gives hints of a military based movie with words such as "compromised". The colours used were a mix of dark and a few light colours to show an urban feel and also an intelligence based film.

3) I included reviews from two very respected magazines in the movie/film industry/business with punchy and short reviews with 5 star ratings, the production and institutional logo of paramount gives the target audience a sense of quality with this movie poster as paramount is one of the biggest production companies in the film industry this would attract an audience.

4) My storyboard and trailer have very similar characteristics with the main character being shown in a holy wood hero fashion, the typography in both posters and trailers are identical and punchlines from the poster is used throughout the storyboard which synergises them together.

5) I have represented a mixed ethnic minority as the main hero which contrasts against the stereotypical race of a Hollywood hero, white male. The villain is white male which again contrasts against the typical Hollywood hero which is usually of an ethnic minority, this would appeal to the target audience as this idea is refreshing. This also contrasts against the typical 007 or Mi6 Agent who is usually in a full tuxedo and a white male.The main characters are both male but this may negatively reinforce Women stereotypes that they should not be operating in high risk situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment